Don't miss

22 September 2012

The veteran actor is however proud of his son’s choices


By on 09:21


Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor states he is proud of Ranbir for adopting challenging roles but still finds flaws in his performances. "Ranbir doesn't like to portray characters which are larger than life. I am extremely proud that he took such challenges. But I don't like his (Ranbir) films because as an actor I check flaws in them," Rishi said.

The 60-year-old star, who is keeping his 40-years in cinema, says he as well as wife Neetu Singh doesn’t interfere in Ranbir's career. "He is perfectly on his possess and we never interfere in any of his conclusions. When Ranbir linked the industry he told his mother that he desired to portray characters which a boy of his age would perform in real life," said Rishi.

Ranbir has impressed everybody with power packed performances in films like ‘Rockstar’ and the freshly released ‘Barfi!’ where he acting the role of a deaf and damp person.

The ‘Bobby’ star who was in Delhi to introduce a week-long retrospective of his films, said he ever wanted to become an actor. "I always desired to be an actor. When I was a child, Shashiji used to assure me that I have the signs of an actor because while crying I ever used to look at the mirror.

"Furthermore, being born and brought up in a film background it was a natural process to follow the path of the senior members of the family," he added.

We curiosity what Ranbir will have to do to win over his father!

Share/Bookmark
Powered by Blogger.